about jaimee fourlis
20 year old Jaimee Fourlis is one of Australia’s most exciting tennis players, having recently won the 18/u Australian Championships, guaranteeing her a place in the Australian Open 2018 main draw.
At 17 years of age, she captured the attention of the Australian sporting public with a straight sets victory in the first round of the Australian Open, January 2017.
She further came to international prominence after her first-round effort against former world number 1, Caroline Wozniacki, at the French Open, May 2017.
It has been a meteoric rise for the teenager, who in 2016 won her first professional tournament in Perth, and then winning the 2017 wildcards into the Australian Open and the French Open.
WTA world ranking
• 2017 Career high world ranking 271
• 2016 End of year world ranking 424
• 2015 End of year world ranking 934
• 2017 Won Australian Open Women’s main draw first round
• 2017 Won Australian Open wildcard playoff
• 2016 First professional title win at the ITF tournament in Perth
• 2017 Under 18 Australian Champion
• 2016 Australian Open Juniors semi-finalist
• 2015 Junior Fed Cup finalist
• 2014 Under 16 Australian Champion